Low Self Esteem Test
Do you have low self-esteem? Sometimes it is important to get an understanding of where we stand with regard to our self-esteem. Once we have a clear idea of our current self-esteem, we can make better decisions about the best way to proceed. A great way to find out is to take a low self-esteem test.
This test was written by Chris Yarbrough and modeled after the most popular concepts in the self-esteem community. Written work is protected by copyright but feel free to use it for your self or your friends in any way that you like as long as it is not distributed or republished without proper references or used for any commercial purposes.
Here is a quick and easy self-assessment test to help you gauge your current levels of self-esteem. Do your best to answer the questions honestly. No one is grading this test but you so do not cheat yourself. Simply answer true or false and then add up your totals at the end to get your results.
1. I enjoy social situations and being around other people
2. I accept others the way they are though their views may be different from my own
3. I accept my emotions and resist the urge to hide my feelings from others
4. I am comfortable enough in a room full of strangers to start up a conversation
5. I am content with my abilities, proud of my work, and I do not seek the approval of others
6. I accept my imperfections and freely admit when I make mistakes
8. I am generally happy and content with my life
9. Although some people are better at certain things, I do not consider others superior to me
10. I am happy about who I am
11. I speak my mind without fear that others will reject my opinions
12. I walk quickly, hold my head up and make a conscious effort to maintain good posture
13. I look people directly in the eyes when I speak to them regardless of who they are
14. I can be honest about what I want and seek it without feeling guilty
15. I am considerate but I do not concern myself about others opinions of me
16. I can accept constructive criticism without becoming defensive about my point of view
17. I am not a perfectionist. I accept that some things are not perfect nor do they need to be
18. I am deserving of respect, friendship and love
19. I find it easy to make new friends
20. I feel that it is crucial to always be myself regardless of the consequence
To find the results of the low self-esteem test, add the total number of questions that you answered “true” and refer to the chart below.
17-20 HIGH SELF ESTEEM – You have little to worry about in terms of your view of self worth.
14-17 MODERATE SELF ESTEEM – Your self-esteem is good but you may benefit from more practice.
10-14 POOR SELF ESTEEM – At near 50% this indicates that you lack self-esteem in many areas. You can probably benefit greatly from improved self-esteem.
0-10 VERY LOW SELF ESTEEM – Your self-esteem represents levels that can negatively influence your life. It is advised that you seek help or begin working to improve the way you feel about yourself. Your life can be drastically improved through greater self-esteem.
Thank you for taking our quick low self-esteem test. I hope you found it useful in deciding your next step. This test is in no way intended to be an exact measurement of your self-esteem but it does represent a good rule of thumb and should give you a good idea about where you stand.
Good luck and remember that you can always make a difference if you are willing to put forth the effort. You will be amazed at the many ways that greater self-esteem and self-confidence can improve all aspects of your life.
Related Articles About Self Esteem: